*** Coming Soon: Information on the PTO Grants Application Process & Deadline for 2017-18***
PTO Grants support innovative educational efforts, including creative classroom projects, unique enrichments to curriculum, guest speakers or performers, field trips, and new club activities.
Please note: Grants cannot be used for snacks/food items, teacher training, salaries, consumable goods, or items that “go home” with the student (such as individual trophies or medals).
Objectives: The PTO seeks grant proposals that offer strategies/experiences to:
- Further the school’s achievement plan.
- Improve student achievement and the school learning environment.
- Increase a teacher’s ability to enhance differentiated instruction.
- Test new creative ideas for teaching and curriculum.
- Provide start-up clubs with durable resources to strengthen the quality of extra-curricular activities at the school.
- Note: Clubs are expected to self-fund as well through student fees. Please contact Cindy Sands if you would like more information regarding **2017-18 Academic Club and Club Sport Grants**. Scholarships for students wishing to join clubs with membership fees can be requested through the school guidance counselor or PTO.
Evaluation: Grants will be awarded on a competitive basis after evaluation by a Grants Review Committee comprised of Inman PTO parent(s), teacher(s), and community member(s). Grant applicants may not serve on the committee. Areas evaluated include the number of students who will benefit from the project, the level of need at Inman for the project, the likelihood of success, and the sustainability of the project. Priority will be given to new proposals over previously funded projects, although the latter are eligible. However, grants are not intended to be a permanent funding mechanism for projects. Once a project has proven worthwhile, other permanent funding should be secured. Partial funding is available.
In addition to our regular grants process, the PTO also encourages all teachers to use DonorsChoose.org when looking to meet the needs of their classroom.
DonorsChoose.org enables teachers to request materials and resources for their classrooms and makes these project requests through its website. Donors can give to projects that interest them, which are searchable by school name, teacher name, location, school subject, material, and keywords. DonorsChoose.org then purchases necessary supplies and ships them directly to the schools. Every project contains a line-item budget and a description of the project.
Inman PTO School Clubs and Club Sports Grant Application
As a part of the PTO’s vision to make every child’s potential a reality, we are excited to offer Club and Club Sport grants to help our students grow and learn through extracurricular activities. Priority is given to applications that use the funds to benefit the entire club or club sport. Grant money will not be awarded for items such as consumables (food/drinks), personalized uniforms, individual trophies and medals. Please complete the application. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the school year. Maximum grant award is $500 per club.